Monday, March 30, 2009

funny Sadie Story

Everyday I pick Sadie up from daycare. She runs to me or past me and immediately reaches for her sippy cup filled with water. One would think they dehydrate the poor girl at daycare but I know better.... Anywho. so today I pick her up, she runs past me and says, water. So I give her the sippy filled with water. Then she says 'ka' 'ka'.. which I take to means snacks (I also always have a snack cup filled for the ride home...she is a hungry kiddo after school). However I make her say snacks please to get her snack cup. Here is a recap of our conversation today...

Sadie: water
Mommy: Say please
Sadie: water peas
Mommy: Say thank you
Sadie: Thank you
Mommy: good job Sadie
Sadie: ka ka
Mommy: Sadie say the whole word
Sadie: whole word

::Pause here for fit of laughter by mommy and nearby Ethan's mom:::

Mommy: I meant say Snacks
Sadie: Sacks

Lesson of the day, watch what you ask for :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I just laughed out loud at work... She is too funny.

Mel said...

That's great! Reminds me of - "I, state your name..." Hehe!

Angie said...

That Sadie is a smart cookie.