Friday, December 04, 2009

Yesterdays dinner

The crockpot cooking took a little break during the holiday but we are back! Yesterday we made corned beef and potatoes. Yum. The corned beef was some of the best around. Literally we just put quartered potatoes in the bottom, added some water, vinegar, sugar, onions, garlic cloves and the sauce stuff that came with the corned beef, put the corned beef on top, cook at 10 hours. Delicious. moistest corned beef I ever had. You can even add cabbage on top of the corned beef however i didn't manage to get that at the store so we left it out! Look out though on St. Patty's day!

Today we just put some foil wrapped potatoes in there for a side dish. B cut up some onion, put in some butter and voila. Man it is the best way to make a potato. They are so soft when cooked in the crock pot. The cookbook we have says you can even put a roast in the bottom with some water, add foil wrapped potatoes and foil wrapped corn on the cob up top of the roast and you have a full meal done!

There are some recipes in there that I want to try but need to make a store run, like mongolian beef, my favorite Chinese take out dish. Sunday will be another chili. Not sure if I posted about last weeks chili but it was the Obama 'secret' family recipe. Pretty good. Now that I have my friends corned bread recipe I can't wait for chili Sunday.

No comments: