We found out the week of Thanksgiving we were going to have a baby. At that time all the pregnancy stuff I could read said the baby was about the size of a dash... which has now become the baby's name... Dash. At thanksgiving dinner we shared the news with our immediate family. It wasn't until this weekend we decided to share with all family and friends.
It was most definitely unexpected but not unwelcome. Bryan is more excited than i have seen him in awhile. He can't wait. Unfortunately we have about 7.5 months to go.
Currently I am 7 weeks pregnant. Morning sickness started last week and hasn't let go since. needless to say I am slightly less excited than B. I can't wait for the first ultrasound, December 27, which will be the first time I get to see what is going on inside. I can sure feel it!
The week of thanksgiving I also ended up getting real sick. Being in the first trimester, Dr's don't want you to take any medications as it may harm the baby. So I ended up waiting about 6 days and finally asked for something. They gave me sudafed but it did nothing so three more days later, the dr finally said ok we have to take care of this. I had a sinus infection/ear infection and bronchotis. yikes. The antibiotics worked though and I feel better. Still a little stuffy but have a nasal spray I can take.
The due date is July 31, 2007. It may change with the ultrasound but either way, next August we will be parents! wow.
2 comments:
Holy Crap you guys don't waste any time. You will be wonderful parents!
C - My cell has been DEAD all week ... Only since i"ve been back in LZ have I had a chance to access your blog. Jeff and I are soooo excited for you guys (Jeff is so excited, you MIGHT be able to hear his snoring right now... we've been moving all day). Can't wait to meet the little Haack!! Hopefully I'll call you soon - I couldn't with my cell dead because I couldn't even figure out what your number was. What did they do before cell phones????
Love,
Whitey.
Post a Comment