Well the forceps even though seemed to be the best answer at the time, were very scary. Poor B was freakin out. They pull out these huge silver forceps. Stick one in at time, then on my next contraction, I start pushing and they had to YANK her out. B was like they are gonna hurt the baby. But basically Sadie was stuck against my pelvic bone, they had to pull her down a little bit, then with me pushing and them pulling she was out in three pushes on one contraction.
The best part for me was the forceps dose of the epidural. As I had told the nurses before my epidural was not working. The anesthesiologist came in and basically confirmed it wasn't doing much good. She ended up having to give me a larger dose then normal. Typically the epidural would be working so she would add the 'forcep dose'. However with me I didn't have anything in there so they had to give me the full surgical dose. Confirming that I was right. I didn't say anything but I was like in my head "SEE? darn nurses, I wasn't lying". Unfortunately I didn't say anything to my Dr except for once and she told me to hit the button. I did hit it but it did nothing.
The forceps left little marks on the side of Sadie's head but so far they seem to have done nothing to her. thank goodness.
Friday, August 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment