Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dos Equis

Some of you have probably been wondering why I have been so quiet. I mean really, am I ever quiet? :) Well I can tell you the reason is Dos Equis. Dos Equis would be the name we have given to baby #2 currently growing in my belly (well really my uterus but whose counting). After a few months of trying, B and I stopped trying as I had an opportunity to work in New Zealand for a one year expat. While we were waiting for that interviewing process to end, we said we will hold off on baby making until we find out if we get it. The expat was to cover a colleagues maternity leave (AUS and NZ give one year!) so how would that look if Icame over and said by the way, I am pregnant to. Anyway, I didn't get the role but it turns out that is a good thing. Dos Equis happened before we found out I didn't get the NZ role. Apparently I have no idea when I ovulate (or I didn't, I do NOW). Dos Equis is due July 17, 2009 approximately 2 weeks before Sadie turns 2, hows that for timing :)

It is fairly early in the pregnancy but since most everyone knows I decided to blog about it. Currently I am at 6 1/2 weeks. As of this past weekend, Dos Equis is making its presence known. The morning sickness has set in fulll swing so I am back to eating before I get out of bed and trying desperately to keep the nausea at bay. Had a few blood tests and my first official appt is December 8th so things are looking good so far. here we go again :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I check this every so often to see new Toots pics and I find out about baby #2! Looks like someone will be getting their nanny job back next summer! ;) Congrats! We'll have to crack open a bottle of wine to celebrate, of course you can just watch :P

Grace said...

Congrats!! I guess that there won't be any wine nights when we come up to Chicago in the near future, but maybe we'll put it off till after baby #2 is born and I'll bring you some! So happy for you and B!!!

Peony said...

congratulations! I hadn't checked your blog in a while and was totally not expecting to hear this. so excited for you, bryan & sadie! :)

Carolyn Haack said...

ha thanks everyone! It will be an interesting adventure.