For some reason, we believe either starting to teeth or growing pains, Sadie did not want to sleep last night. After sucking down 10 ounces, 6 breastmilk and 4 formula in 1.5 hours you would think she would have slept peacefully. But alas, you would be wrong. Went to sleep at 8:30 little earlier than normal, woke up as soon as she touched the mattress in her crib at around 9:15 was then awake until 11:30. Finally I go to sleep only to have her awaken at 4am. There was no stopping her after that one. I jiggled her to sleep again to have her wake up when she touched the mattress, then B came and relieved me to ahve the same thing happen. At 5am he made a bottle for her and got ready for work. She fell asleep in my arms eating. I put her in the crib and 'WAH'. I jiggle a little more and put her in the crib slightly awake but mostly sleepy. I go back to bed. Within minutes I hear her talking up a storm. She was blowing bubbles, saying I love you and saying this new sound which sounds like momma. I let her play for about 20 minutes while trying to sleep but this girl is having a blast talking in her crib. I finally get up at like 5:45 put her on a blanket on the floor to play. We play while I pump for an hour, then she finally goes back to sleep at which point I start running around trying to get ready for work.
hm. I have a feeling Sadie is already spoiled. Maybe it was thanksgiving but she didn't want to be put down. There will be more playing this evening on the floor so she doesn't think she has to be carried all the time. Her little personality is coming through and lets just say I think we are going to have our hands full with this one!
At the same time, this new nighttime ritual doesn't seem to be working. Granted it has only been three days but yikes last night was way beyond normal. I hope tonight she is back to normal and sleeping through the night. Or there will be a very crabby momma at work tomorrow.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment