Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Weaning

So I have officially decided December 2nd will be the day I start weaning. Sadie will be four months and it has just become so cumbersome. Last night I started her on a few ounces of formula to start getting her used to it. I will give her a few ounces a night for two weeks, then gradually give her more till she gets one full feeding of formula. Then we will see how long the frozen Breastmilk will last but I think I have at least a month's supply in the freezer so it should go till January. It should take a few weeks to wean so maybe I can push the BM out to February and her 6 month birthday. I may try this week to stock up some more milk in the freezer before the beginning of the weaning process next week. I can do it.

1 comment:

Angie said...

And you're not a bad mother for doing it! I'm still a little on the fence about the whole breastfeeding thing. I'm impressed you hung on this long, with two infections to go along with it!!