Friday, December 21, 2007

Naked baby

Last night Sadie and I went upstairs to do night time. I started to change her diaper (part of our ritual so she is fresh) and give her some naked baby time (which she loves!!). I remove her slightly soiled diaper and her jammies. As to be expected Sadie immediately pees all over the changing table. so much for naked baby time. I promptely clean her again, put a new diaper on and lay her on the blanket on the floor to play a little as semi naked baby :) while I clean up the changing table. Whilst Ms. Sadie was on the floor playing she of course starts to poop as well. Thankfully I had the smarts to put that new diaper on her cause that would not have been fun to clean up.

Anywho the point of this pretty normal story is to tell you about Sadie's almost new accomplishments. Almost because she isn't quite there yet but she is going to be mobile soon I swear it. Laying semi naked on the blanket, again while filling her pants, she was making the motions of crawling. Her little diaper butt was in the air and her little legs were a moving. Not as coordinated as she will need to be to crawl. She didn't get very far but did manage to move off the blanket and turn around somehow. She has got the motions down, now just needs to get coordinated about the whole thing. Leg/arm go. leg/arm go. not leg leg, stompy leg go go gadget arm.

Her almost other accomplishment was rolling 'back' over. She can roll from her back to her stomach now like a pro but she then she spends too much time on her belly and she gets all fussy mad stompy legs. Well last night she was chillin on her belly but leaning back in the right direction and almost did roll a few times. One time she scared herself as she almost 'fell' over. As Yoda would say, ready to roll she is. Give it like a week and baby girl will be rolling all over the room. We are in trouble here folks. B's mom said he walked at 8 or 9 months. My mom said my oldest bro walked at 7 months but we were all walking before age 1. With Sadie's chubbers (legs in disguise) I am pretty sure she has the strength (fat rolls) to do it.

We best get on with selling this here house.

No comments: