Today is one of those days that kids wish for in school. It would so be a snow day. But last night, now that was a different story. B and I actually made it out of the house as my sissy came over to watch a sleeping baby. One of my friends from work is turning 30 so he had a big bash at a bar. Granted it would have been a bigger bash had it not snowed 3 inches already by the time the party started but whatever. We had a really good time until we left. Getting a cab was almost impossible. standing on the corner trying to get a cab, were about 30 other people also trying to get a cab. It was still snowing, another inch and a half had fallen since we got to the bar, and cabs were having a hard time driving. yesterday was the day I was actually concerned for cab drivers. But wait there's more! This corner was like mad chaos. One side had two guys fighting each other, what we can only think was over something stupid, with one pushing the other out of his car. The best part was this guy opened the drivers door of a FOUR DOOR CAR, to get the other guy who was in the BACK SEAT. One the other corner was a girl so wasted she could barely stand, definitely couldn't walk and was being held up by some dude. They needed a cab top priority. Some people saw her and gave up their cab but then some other jerks took it! I tell you that poor girl is going to have frostbite. I almost wanted to call an ambulance, except some other guy offered and the dude said no. The dude holding her had to hold on so tight, he had her shirt up so her midriff was showing. It was so red. I tried to help him but it was too hard with her stumbling, his tight grip. I really hoped they found a cab soon. We eventually started walking down the street to get away from the crazies.
Here we are, Aaron, B and I walking down the road when a cab actually drives by. How it made it passed the corner of crazies we will never know except they must have known how bad a driver he was. B told him our address and said two stops, so it could take Aaron home. The guy couldn't figure out one stop. We had to give him step by step directions. For some reason he would just stop in the middle of the street. literally we had to give him STEP BY STEP directions. He would stop in the middle of the street, B would say ok keep going straight, then he would move four more feet and stop. I have had many experiences in a cab but never one where he would just kept stopping. He is not a cabbie driver for snow that's for sure. It was almost like every four feet he was picturing himself on a beach to relieve his stress. Thankfully, Aaron, B and I all made it home safely.
Whatever moon was out last night it should go into hiding for never to be seen again.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment