Monday, December 31, 2007

Sadie's DayCare Adventure

As today is a half day for me at work and I have backup childcare in my building, today was Sadie's trial run for daycare. It was my trial run too. I have to tell you, leaving her at a daycare where she didn't know anyone was VERY HARD. I know it will get easier as she learns to know the care providers but man oh man was I almost in tears. Tiffany the head teacher was very nice. She was snuggling Sadie when I left. Hopefully Sadie doesn't get too scared. She is just getting to that age where she knows mommy and daddy and wants us there. i guess the good thing is once they give her a bottle she will like them. I hope.

I also took Sierra to daycare. What a trip this morning turned out to be. I was 40 minutes late to work. getting everything together, dog, baby, me and leaving the house looking nice for a showing was rough. Then I got to the doggie daycare, put Sadie in her outdoor outfit, got her in the baby bjorn, dropped off the dog, walked to the train, waited for a train (sadie fell asleep at this point), got on the train, 8 minute train ride, walked through station, out the door, down a block and a half to my work, went upstairs to drop off my stuff, got sadie out of her out door clothes, walked her around the office, got her back in her outdoor stuff, walked outside around the corner to daycare, filled out the paperwork, gave them her food, diapers and back up outfits, then left. I feel like I ran a marathon this morning. and yet i did all of that before I even had my first sip of coffee. yikes. I am ready for a nap.

No comments: