Monday, June 30, 2008

The weekend




Last weekend was a fantastic time. On Saturday, my parents came up to drive out to the Cardboard Regatta, where B and his friends were trying to float the cardboard dragon they made. Interestingly enough while it didn't make it to the finish line, they won a trophy anyway for best sinking :) The Red Dragon will fly again.... or at least not sink...maybe. B had spent a few past weekends making and painting this thing so it was fun to see it in person, even if it did sink. Sadie, Grandma T, Grandpa T, Sierra and I drove out there to watch and have a picnic in the park.


Afterward we drove to the Novaks for a pool party. Sadie had a blast in her new floaty toy swimming with daddy. Sadie had a such a great time it prompted me to look for swim lessons in Chitown. I think we found some at the YMCA which is where I learned many moons ago! I never did make it to shark level because I just don't like the dead man float. (they wouldn't let me hold my nose, so I didn't pass the final test. Lets face it, if I am out in the ocean somewhere lost, stranded at sea, I would freakin hold my nose, but apparently sharks don't hold their noses.)

I leave with this precious photo of the half naked baby wearing a beer hat wandering around the Novaks house. Happy Birthday Grandpa T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of Sadie -she's getting so big, walking around by herself!
-AMW