Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pedestrian vs. driver

I must admit I have been both in the city but mostly was a pedestrian way before i was a driver. Yes I did some bad pedestrian behavior. but yesterday I had 7 business days in a row a bad pedestrian experience, while driving.. if that makes sense. Anywho..here I am driving to daycare in the morning downtown. I get off the highway, cross over the bridge and am at the stop light on the other side of the bridge on a one way street going East. keep in mind its a one way, so the left most lane is still traffic driving in the same direction... EAST. My light is green. So i venture over to the left most lane, as I will be making a left hand turn at the next street to park the car and take Sadie to daycare, when I see the ped. Before i get all the way into the left most lane, here comes Mr. Pedestrian starting to mindlessly cross the street.... I start to hit my brakes, ped takes three more steps, the ped starts (as in startled) looks up confused at the light.. looks at the car coming at him and stops , looks at me and backs up a step. one step. with the most confused look on his face.. like urkal... did I do that?. Since when did pedestrians NOT have to check for cars? even in my okididn'tfollowalltrafficrulesasapedestrian time, I still LOOKED BOTH WAYS. (ma aren't you proud?). Seriously, almost everyday for two weeks I had some idiot do this. like traffic stops because you stepped into the street. it doesn't work that way. you are little. car big. it is not going to end in your favor mr. pedestrian. Seriously, before crossing the road and looking like an idiot or worse yet, getting hit by a car!, stop and look. geez. even Sadie knows this know and she is only 14.5 months!

1 comment:

AEGN said...

LOL, this is so true!!!