yesterday while rug shopping B and I had the most annoying experience. we stopped in Marshall Field's Home Store to look at their rugs. the annoying rug woman just wouldn't leave me alone. She kept following me around the big rug wall thingies... ya know they hang them on the wall so you can move them around and see them in all their glory... this little short portly woman shuffled along behind me the entire time asking questions. Woman, when I don't answer you... or say to you 'just looking'.. you can stop asking questions and if/when i find something i will let you know. but oh no.. she walked with me asking stupid questions the ENTIRE TIME.
starting in mid stream of dialogue
stupid carpet lady: "have you found anythinng you liked at other stores?"
me: "no"
supid carpet lady: "is there a certain style you like?"
me: "not really"
stupid carpet lady: "do you like oriental rugs?"
me: "not really"
stupid carpet lady: "oh, what dont you like about them?"
me: "they are too busy, too much for me"
stupid carpet lady: "do you like contemparary rugs"
me: "i really don't know what I am looking for, just looking to see if I find something I like."
::entire time Carolyn is not looking at stupid carpet lady::
stupid carpet lady: "well is there a color you like?"
seriously peeps she needed to get away from me. It went on for about 10-15 minutes. At that point, I wouldn't have bought a rug from her even if it was the only rug in the whole world that would have matched and made the living room 'come together' and every other rug paled in comparison. I am so that shopper. leave me alone. if I need you, I will come find you. otherwise, leave me be. Obviously I am not stealing a rug.. little hard to hide an 5' x 8' roll in my coat.
stupid carpet lady.
Monday, November 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment