Friday, July 18, 2008
Carolyn's newest incident
Last weekend while B was away, some friends came over to keep me company. Deb brought her wii, everyone brought food and drink and it was a rocking good time. One friend was driving home and discovered a flat tire...she turned around and came back to get some of the fellas to help her change it. While they were down there struggling to get the tire off with only a flashlight, it occurred to me that they should have pulled in front of the garage for the garage light. I was sitting on the deck with some friends, after having one glass of wine in three hours and a beer. I got up to go tell them this fact and ran smack dab right into the screen door on my deck. Yes folks the screen door I had closed just a few (maybe 20) minutes prior to this incident. Thankfully the screen door was not hurt and only minute portions of beer were spilt. After the fit of laughter which caused tears, many happy humor tears to stream down my face, everyone realized I was ok. My nose however the next day showed it hadn't been so uninjured as I had thought. there turned out to be a broken blood vessel under it which showed for about three days as a bright red mark on the top of my nose. All in all I realized the screen door we had put in last year amongst the cold January weather with the crap contractor from Home Depot, was actually a pretty decent door. not even a slight Carolyn imprint is left on the door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE FUNNNNNNY
yes it does o husband of mine.
It was one of the funniest things in memory I have ever witnessed. Even now, if I think about it, I giggle...a lot! Thank you so much Carolyn!
Sue
It's true, Sue was laughing as she told me all about this incident on the day after it happened. :)
Post a Comment