Derived from the Latin gluttire, meaning to gulp down or swallow, gluttony is the over-indulgence and over-consumption of food, drink, or intoxicants to the point of waste. In the Christian religions, it is considered one of the seven deadly sins—a misplaced desire of food or its withholding from the needy (taken from wikipedia).
The above definition is of gluttony which, my friends, if you look it up in the dictionary, has a picture of my child next to it. When does the act of eating become gluttonous? we are going to ask the pediatrician but my God Sadie can eat. Basically today she has eaten every two hours, wakes up starving (apparently) and has downed another 5.5 oz after eating just two hours ago. I am seriously afraid her stomach might burst. Does that happen? Or was that just in the movie Seven? The bottle had more in it because I had to go to a back up in the fridge to feed her AGAIN, and it had 6.5 oz. I swear if we didn't stop her she would have done it. She would have downed all 6.5oz after eating 4 oz just two hours ago and two hours before that 4 oz of formula (we were at brunch after church). She may look like me but alas she is her fathers daughter.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Addi used to eat every 2 hours too. I swear I was constantly whipping a boob out! Very glad they are able to go a little longer between feedings after about 3 months.
Post a Comment