After consulting yet another pregnancy website and another pregnancy book, Bryan and I have come to the conclusion that we are officially in the second trimester. WOOHOO!! With my fully formed fetus about the size of a peach, I am showing but barely. It is just enough to look like I should be going on a diet soon to lose the extra lbs i have been eating (still haven't gained any weight however). The even better news is the morning sickness is definitely not as bad as it was, especially at night. I still try to eat a banana in bed before I get up but mostly as precaution. Mornings have never been particularly good for me, especially considering low blood sugar so it makes sense to continue my banana eating for now.
It is a little nerve wracking to realize the books and websites I am consulting to ease my way through this pregnancy don't all agree on things. A few of the books said the second trimester begins at week 14, while some of the said week 13. Either way, today is the end of week 13 and tomorrow is the beginning of week 14 so I think it is official. B, ever being the engineer, calculated exactly based on a 40 week pregnancy that last Thursday was the official beginning of the second trimester (to be exact he said it was at 8:00am that morning). Either way it is around here somewhere! Looking forward to actually looking pregnant and not just overly hungry :)
the downsides are definitely not being able to do things I used to or like to do without other considerations. Things you never had to stop and consider before. For example, a friend of b and mine is in the hospital (just having a string of bad luck, keep Mark M in your prayers). His birthday was last week so we were going to go surprise him with cake, etc. At the last minute it was brought up that he has a staph infection and that preggars shouldn't go. Unfortunately staph infections are extremely contagious so his dr said it was best not to have me there. I had to miss Mark M's (37th?) birthday. I sent B in my stead baring gifts and even though B managed to read the Dinosaurs Danger pop up book I got Mark using character voices, it was still hard to be the one at home. Happy Birthday Mark M. Many happy wishes for you.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad the morning sickness is better. Mark's 38 (in case you really wanted to know) and you should ask your husband to show you the fun trick he did for Mark with the rubber glove...
--Sue
Wow, B was baring gifts, was he? That's a little risque! Perhaps he should have just been bearing gifts and then he wouldn't have to be naked in the hospital. :)
-KCL
Post a Comment