Thursday, June 28, 2007

Appt Update

Well I had a dr's appt today. It was good to see my doctor again. I really like her. Anyway, since the bad ultrasound experience last time, she asked me if I had any questions. I started out saying, well, did you get what you needed from the last ultrasound because I wasn't sure the technician knew what she was doing. She confirmed some information that yes the baby is upside down, the amniotic fluid looked fine etc. I asked her if there were any complaints and she said yes there were. One woman wrote a very long letter about how upset she was (see B & Kimmiepoo, my tears weren't just hormones, that woman was bad!). Anyway, she offered me another ultrasound so I took her up on the offer. I will be going back either next week or the week after for the 3D ultrasound I was meant to have last time. yay!

TMI WARNING:
In other news, my appt went well. She actually checked me (as in my va-jay-jay) for the first time since my very first appt. She did the strep culture and said my cervix is fingertip dialated. Basically not quite a centimeter but enough to get a fingertip in. It has started. The beginning of the end is near! Baby being upside down is a good thing which helps to promote the dialation of the cervix. She has been upside down or as Aaron called it, ready for game time, for a few weeks now. My fundal height (the baby bump) is still measuring at a cm larger than my week count (today i am at 35 weeks, should be 35 cm, but am measuring at 36cm).

Weight update: I have gained 1/4 lb (about a hamburger, ha ha) since my last appt two weeks ago. i guess you can say I am staying at the 13lb mark unless you want to add in my 1/4lb, I have now gained 13 1/4 lbs during this pregnancy. not bad for how large my belly is.

Ring Update: Still wearing engagement ring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's think back.... who was that wise friend who advised you to ask your nice Dr. for another ultrasound? That friend must have been very smart.... That's awesome that she's doing it. But you'll see her (the baby, not the doctor) yourself in just a few weeks! Yay!!!

-Angie