Monday, June 25, 2007

Busy weekend

Phew. I made it. What a weekend!

Friday night B had some friends fly in from Kansas City. They were going to the Milwaukee Brewers game the next night but we waited to have dinner with them on friday. Of course the flight was late, what flight isn't late from Kansas City to Chicago? We had dinner at Giordano's late Friday night which was fun. The preggar lady left them boys to party on the town after dinner but apparently they just came back to our house! B had a great time just talking and reminiscing. And me? Well I didn't even hear them! So exhausted was the preggar!

Saturday was errand day. After sleeping in (more B than me this time),eating bfast, and watching a movie, we started errands. First up, paint for baby room! When we got home, B started the painting and I started running errands. It was a busy but fun day. B painted the one blue wall in our spare bedroom the light green color of the baby bedding. Against the dark of the chocolate walls it looks really good! I like the green better than the blue! He also repainted the blue wall down in the living room so now instead of that superman blue wall, it is back to the pretty grey blue it was before. We ordered chinese food from a new place (ever since my favorite clsoed I just can't find a comparable one) and it was fantastic. We will be ordering there again!

Sunday we got up to get ready for the shower, got to my sisters at 10ish to drop stuff off. Then went to get balloons, ice and more beer, then came back for the party! Lesson learned, balloons are definitely hard to get in a car. hee hee. The shower was a big success thanks to the ladies, Christiney, Kate and Sue. The boys did well with the bbq'ing too. We got home at like 6, ate a little and then proceeded to the hospital to see Camille. Yes Camille is ok she has a kidney infection that needs medication so she is there they think until Tuesday. We chatted with her for a few hours, took her some baby shower fun, and then headed home. You would think the preggar would be tired but on no, the nesting instinct has taken over. We didn't get home until 9:15ish, even after that long day, I moved all the presents upstairs, organized them to see if we got duplicates, figured out what to return, what I still needed etc. No wonder I am exhausted today! Thankfully we really only got a few duplicates. The funny thing is we got three of the same little winnie the pooh sleeper outfit, but each one is a different size! We got 0-3 months, 3-6 months and 6-9months! perfect!

Today is our last baby class so no rest for the weary. Especially now as Dad brought the crib up yesterday (got in Indiana target for cheaper tax). B and I have a lot of baby room work to do. Set up crib, set up changing table, order additional items, wash all clothes and put away, decorate walls etc. My goal is to be done with baby room by week 36 which for those who don't know is next Tuesday (not tomorrow but a week from). We can do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry I missed the shower! And, I'm such a bad friend I didn't even get a gift in the mail prior to the shower! I haven't forgotten about you.

Glad to hear it was a success - I'm looking forward to meeting this baby soon!

Angie