Thursday, June 28, 2007

Manners

My parents did raise me with manners which I assumed was a common practice. yet I do not believe all people have them. In some cases people have too much. I realize I am a large pregnant woman. (only 4.5 weeks to go, whoot whoot). It is obvious to anyone who may see me that yes there is still a baby inside me. I have a basketball belly. It should also be obvious that I do not move very fast. Some people are very nice like the train conductor who didn't charge me the extra $2 on the train for my ticket since I didn't waddle fast enough to the counter to buy one before getting on the train. he gave it back to me and said, "put it in the baby fund." My friends I did just that, I went right to Burger King and gave this baby some much needed sustanence. Or the other train passenger who got off the stairs so I could sit in my usual place, apparently I am noticeable. hm. But the elevator guy today just doesn't get it.

The elevators in my building are in little rows. You can only get to them from one end the end closest to the front doors. Three elevators per side. This morning I was standing at the very front edge of the elevator aisle. The very back elevator doors open. I start to waddle, when I notice there is a guy standing at the elevator watching me. He was waiting for me to get into the elevator first. Now normally a nice thing to do, he was actually holding back a few other people from getting on. I felt obligated to speed up to get into the elevator but since he waited for so long, the doors started to close when I was getting on. They sensed me and re opened but for a moment I am sure we were all like we are going to miss this elevator. I murmured a thanks and went to the back corner. Thank you everyone for being nice to the large prego but no need to not let people on to the elevator. I will make it in time for some elevator and will get to my office in plenty o time for work. No hurry.

No comments: