Saturday, July 07, 2007

Chix Gone Wild

Today was the annual cook off at my sisters place. Even though pregnant this year (meaning sober) it was still a grand old time. The first year was Ribfest, where everyone brought their best ribs (I didn't cook as I don't like ribs). The second year was grill a palooza or bring your best meat. I made my tangy pork tenderloin and won second place! This year I took third place. boo. Granted I pulled the recipe off the internet this morning and marinated my chicken for a few hours before we left (everyone had to cook chicken, we definitely got our protein!) In that case I guess I did ok :) I will have to make it again as it was really tender chicken. The winner's chicken was fantastic! It was called lemongrass and they made mini wings. yum. I even voted for them.

B of course is passed out drunk upstairs but after 9 hours of drinking beer in 92 degree weather i would expect nothing less. He will hurt tomorrow that's for sure! talk about taking advantage of his sober driver. We did start talking about how he has to watch now, as if I go into labor he is going to have to drive me. Next weekend my brother is coming in from Arkansas so we will go to Indiana for a BBQ. b definitely won't be able to drink as much. Driving from Indiana to hospital in labor might not be a good thing! hee hee. He got months out of me so he should have no complaints. I on the other hand can't wait to have my first beer. Even better the baby books say if your milk doesn't come in or isn't coming to have a beer! done!

Sierra is also passed out. Too much excitment, heat and Bailey. The dog is tired!

the hard part of being sober is the more people drink they a) get really loud, b) spill beer everywhere and c) think they know everything. One guy told me that I can have my doctor induce me anytime I want so I don't have to be pregnant in this heat. that was nice of him. sure am glad he told me. he knows all about it because he got his girlfriend pregnant. thankfully the other good thing about drunk people is they don't really understand what sober people are saying or not saying. He didn't realize I just sort of walked away from him muttering under my breath that my concern was more with my baby being healthy and ready to come out, not about my comfort level. talk to me after my due date passes and I have no baby yet. then we can talk inducing.

To a successful annual meatfest. The Haack family had a great time!

Happy Birthday Sister!

No comments: